As I walked to yoga this morning I noticed that something about the way my britches were bunching was just not right. I attempted to ignore it, however after a few blocks I returned home to see what the heck was happening.
As (un)luck would have it, I had put my britches on backwards. It’s an easy mistake. When I got dressed it was kind of dark, I didn’t have my glasses on and to be honest my yoga pant drawer is a bit of a free for all.
So what the heck does having my backside in the front side of my pants have to do with websites and internet marketing?
Turns out a lot.
One of the most frequent requests I get, especially this time of year, is from Point2 real estate agents wanting to know how to get more traffic to their sites. They are so sure that by increasing the number of people that come to their site they will:
- Get more leads
- Have more sales
- Make more money!
However more often than not they’ve got things bassackwards.
You see having more people come to your site does little good if the visitor doesn’t take action once they get there.
Before you worry about getting more traffic to your site you want to make sure that visitors are sticking and clicking?
How do you get visitors to take action on your site?
- Have your phone number easy to find on every page and “hot” (meaning when viewed and touched from a mobile phone it calls you!
- Have a menu that makes things easy to find.
- Don’t make visitors think, just let them click. Buttons to your key pages are, well, “key”.
- Group your listings by what people are looking for. Pages with only Ocean Front or Pet Friendly Condos will get less traffic than a page called Our Listings, however a higher percentage of people will take action on specific pages that show them what they are looking for!
- Make your Contact page easy to find. Well duhh, that seems pretty obvious, however you’d be surprised how often it’s missing or hidden so completely it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack!
SSo please, stop marketing in the dark and getting it backwards. Before you worry about getting MORE traffic to your site, do what it takes to keep them there. Make sure your content speaks to their needs, your photos touch their emotions and you are easy to reach.
Need help? Contact Us.